South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission
|South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission|
|Commission executive||Duer Tut Duel, Chairperson|
The South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (SSRRC) is an agency of the Government of South Sudan. It is the operational arm of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management.
Before independence the SSRRC existed as the Sudan RRC, or SRRC. This organization was an organ of the SPLM and had the authority to issue travel documents. The SRRC was initially titled the Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Agency, or SRRA, and changed its name after it merged with its rival, the Relief Association for South Sudan (RASS), a unit of Riek Machar's militias from 1991 to 2003, initially SPLA-Nasir/United and later SSIM/A, SSDF, SPDF.
- UNOCHA. "South Sudan". Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- GoSS. "South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (SSRRC)". Official Website of the Republic of South Sudan. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- Clammer, Paul (2005-05-01). Sudan. Bradt Travel Guides. ISBN 9781841621142.
- United States Congress. Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2007. Government Printing Office.
- Coghlan, Nicholas (2005-09-30). Far in the Waste Sudan: On Assignment in Africa. McGill-Queen's Press - MQUP. ISBN 9780773573024.
|This South Sudan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|