|First air date||28 March 2008|
Southend Radio is a local adult contemporary radio station broadcasting to Southend on Sea, in Essex, England from studios in The Icon Building on Southend Seafront, owned by the Adventure Radio Group.
The station was awarded its licence to broadcast in October 2005, beating three rival bids. Southend Radio began broadcasting on 28 March 2008 after a month of test transmissions.
The station simulcasts all of its programmes with its sister station Chelmsford Radio and Radio Essex on DAB digital radio across Essex. Some programmes are also simulcast with other radio stations owned by the Adventure Radio Group. The output is made to 'sound' local by using jingles relevant to the platform that is being listened to.
The station broadcasts local news bulletins from 6am to 6pm Weekdays and between 8am and 11am at Weekends.
Travel News is broadcast between 6am and 6pm on weekdays and provided 'live' at key times from the Essex Traffic Control Centre at County Hall in Chelmsford. There are also travel bulletins at the weekend between 8am and 11am.
The 'Essex Action' feature is a community service designed to help local groups and charities with much needed publicity and also with appeals for volunteers. The service is coordinated by the Southend Association of Volunteers (SAVS) with their counterparts across the county contributing items for broadcast.
Southend Radio has a broad music policy, tailored to its audience, which also features the 9-5 No Repeat Workday between Monday to Friday.
- Daryl Denham - Wake Up Essex (Weekdays 6am - 10am)
- Tracie Young - Daytime (Monday-Friday: 10am - 2pm)
- Paul Lovett - Drivetime (Monday-Friday: 2pm - 6pm)
- Murray J - The Workday Wind Down (Monday-Thursday: 6pm - 10pm) Friday Night Fever (Friday: 7pm - 10pm) Just Great Songs (Saturday 2pm - 6pm)
- Daniel Fox - Wake up Essex at the Weekend (Saturday & Sunday 7am - 10am)
- Paul (Lovett) & Emma - Saturday Brunch (Saturday: 10am - 2pm)
- Nick Hull (Saturday: 6pm - 10pm)
- Tracie Young Pure 80s (Sunday: 10am to 1pm)
- Adrian Fox (Sunday: 1pm to 4pm)
- The Vodafone Big Top 40 With Marvin Humes (Sunday: 4pm - 7pm)
- Laura Nevitt (Sunday: 7pm - 10pm)
The news team is Nick Hull (News Editor), Carlo Fiorentino and Tom Croasdell.
Southend Radio broadcasts on 105.1 MHz from a transmitter located at the top of Maitland House in Southend High Street. The transmitter also broadcasts "Heart Essex".
The signal on 105.1 can be heard right across Southend-on-Sea and most of south east Essex. The signal can also be heard as far away as Clacton, Maldon and also North Kent & Medway.