Southern Border Region (California)
The Southern Border Region is one of nine such geopolitical designations in the State of California, USA, used for economic analysis. The region is defined to include San Diego County and Imperial County, each of which borders Mexico. Its largest city is San Diego.
The Southern Border Region is adjacent to the Southern California Region, which consists of five counties. These regions were created in about 1998, when the California Regional Economies Project identified 9 regional economies. The California Economic Strategy Panel uses employment and wage information reported by employers for public policy-making, planning, and program administration. As an example of information reported by the panel, according to the 2009 report, the Gross Domestic Product of the region had grown 68.5% in five years. Other agencies such as the California Public Utilities Commission also provide reports for the region.
See also 
- Metropolitan areas
- Metropolitan planning agencies
- List of California economic regions
- "2009 Southern Border region economic profile.pdf". Labor Department of the State of California. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- David Carroll; Jean Ross (2003). Boom, bust, and beyond: the state of working California. California Budget Project. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- "AB32 Policy Brief v.2". UC Berkeley center for labor research and education. Policy Brief. February 2009. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "California economic base report: Southern California region". Labor Department of the State of California. December 2006. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- California Economic Strategy Panel (December 2006). "California economic base report: Southern Border region". California Labor and Workforce Development Agency. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "California: Southern Border region. Wireline and Fixed Wireless Broadband Availability.". California Public Utilities Commission. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- Center for the Health Professions; Renae Waneka, MPH; Joanne Spetz, PhD (March 31, 2010). "California Board of Registered Nursing. 2008-2009 Annual School Report. Data Summary and Historical Trend Analysis. A Presentation of Pre-Licensure Nursing Education Programs in California. Southern Border.". San Francisco: Department of Consumer Affairs. Board of Registered Nurses. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "Economic Strategy Panel - The Southern Border Region". California Economic Strategy Panel. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "Economic Strategy Panel". California Labor and Workforce Development Agency. Retrieved 2011-06-11.