Southlake Mall (Atlanta)
|Location||Morrow, Georgia, USA|
|No. of stores and services||120|
|No. of anchor tenants||3 (2 open, 1 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||1,010,000 sq. ft.|
|No. of floors||2|
Southlake Mall is a shopping mall located in Morrow, Georgia, in Metropolitan Atlanta and 11 miles (18 km) south from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The mall is in Clayton County and its trade area includes Henry County, one of the fastest-growing areas in Georgia. The mall is located along Interstate 75 and State Highway 54, also known as Jonesboro Road.
The first major change was in 1986, when the Davison's nameplate was changed to its parent company, Macy's. This lasted until 2003, when Macy's closed all the older Davison's stores in Atlanta and consolidated to Rich's-Macy's. This would last until 2005, when it would be converted back to Macy's. JCPenney closed its store on June 1, 2011.
The only major renovation to the center was in 1999. The updates included a relocation of the food court to the lower level and the addition of a carousel. The escalators were moved to either end of the mall rather than only one near the center. The fountain was removed from the downstairs area in front of Sears and Radio Shack to accommodate one of the escalators.
General Growth Properties, the mall's then owner, who had just emerged itself in 2010 from bankruptcy, released its interests in the mall, citing their new focus to concentrate on stronger performing properties. The mall's mortgage was supervised for a short time in 2012 by C-III Asset Management before being sold to B Properties, a subsidiary of Bayer Properties that specializes in rehabilitating struggling malls.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
- Sears (1976 anchor)
- Macy's (Opened as Davison's 1976, converted to Macy's, moved in 2003 to former Rich's Building)
- Davison's (Opened 1976 with the mall, converted to Macy's in 1986, closed 2003)
- Macy's (Converted from Davison's to Macy's then closed in 2003)
- JCPenney (Opened 1976 with the mall, closed June 1, 2011)
- Rich's (Opened 1976 with the mall, Rich's Macy's in 2003, converted to Macy's in 2005)
- Rich's-Macy's (Converted from Rich's in 2003 and converted to Macy's in 2005)
- J. Scott Trubey (7 February 2013). "Clayton's Southlake Mall foreclosed". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Arielle Kass (12 September 2012). "Mall woes: Gwinnett Place changes hands, Southlake troubled". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
Arbor Place MallCumberland MallLenox SquareMall at StonecrestMall of GeorgiaNorthlake MallNorth Point MallPerimeter MallPhipps PlazaSouthlake MallSugarloaf Mills (Discover Mills)Town Center at Cobb Enclosed Super-Regional Malls Enclosed Local Malls Outdoor Centers Planned Defunct