West Calcasieu Airport
|IATA: none – ICAO: KUXL – FAA LID: UXL|
|Owner||West Calcasieu Airport Managing Board|
|Elevation AMSL||10 ft / 3 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Southland Field (ICAO: KUXL, FAA LID: UXL, formerly L75) is a public-use airport located five nautical miles (9 km) south of the central business district of Sulphur, a city in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is owned by the West Calcasieu Airport Managing Board and is also known as West Calcasieu Airport.
This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this facility is assigned UXL by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA.
Facilities and aircraft
Southland Field covers an area of 278 acres (113 ha) at an elevation of 10 feet (3 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 15/33 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 6, 2009, the airport had 19,690 aircraft operations, an average of 53 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 29 aircraft based at this airport: 72% single-engine, 17% multi-engine and 10% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for UXL ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 3 (PDF, 1.28 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Southland Field (FAA: UXL, ICAO: KUXL)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- Southland Aviation, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for UXL, effective August 21, 2014
- Resources for this airport: