From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (December 2008)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2008)|
|Mission name||Soyuz TM-28|
|Crew size||3 Launched / 2 Landed|
|Call sign||Альтаи́р (Altair)|
|Launch date||August 13, 1998
|Landing||February 28, 1999
100 km south of Kijma
|Mission duration||198 days, 16 h, 31 min, 19 s|
|Number of orbits||3144|
|Orbital period||88.5 minutes|
|Position||Launching crew||Landing crew|
|Commander|| Gennady Padalka
|Flight Engineer|| Sergei Avdeyev
|Research Cosmonaut|| Yuri Baturin
| Ivan Bella
Mission Accomplishments 
- Docked with Mir
- Baturin is first Russian politician in space
- Padalka and Avdeyev performed an EVA on 15.09.1998 (30 m) into the module Spektr (new cables connected for solar structures).
- Padalka and Avdeyev became 26th resident crew of Mir.
- Baturin landed on August 25, 1998 (5:22 UT) with Soyuz TM-27.
- Avdeyev landed on August 28, 1999 (0:41 UT) with Soyuz TM-29.