From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Space Science)
||The following text needs to be harmonized with text in Outline of astronomy.
||The following text needs to be harmonized with text in Astronomy.
||The following text needs to be harmonized with text in List of academic disciplines#Space sciences.
The term space science may mean:
- The study of issues specifically related to space travel and space exploration, including space medicine.
- Science performed in outer space (see space research).
- The study of everything in outer space; this is sometimes called astronomy, but more recently astronomy can also be regarded as a division of broader space science, which has grown to include other related fields.
Divisions of space science
- Stellar astronomy - the study of stars
- Planetary science - the study of planets, especially those other than Earth
- Galactic astronomy - the study of our Milky Way Galaxy
- Extragalactic astronomy - the study of the larger universe beyond the Milky Way
- Physical cosmology - the study of the origin, large-scale structure, and space-time relationships of the universe
- Astrochemistry or Cosmochemistry
- Astrophysics - the intersection of physics and space science, the study of the physics of extraterrestrial objects and interstitial spaces
- Planetary science - overlaps with Earth science
- Micro-g environment research
- Forensic astronomy
- Space archaeology - the study of human artifacts in outer space
- Archaeoastronomy - the history of human understanding of the universe
- Astronautics is the science and engineering of spacefaring and spaceflight, a subset of Aerospace engineering (which includes atmospheric flight)
- Observational astronomy - Observatories on the ground as well as space observatories take measurements of celestial entities and phenomena
- Theoretical astronomy - mathematical modelling of celestial entities and phenomena
- Space exploration - includes scientific investigations through manned spaceflight and space probes
- Space colonization
- Commercialization of space
- Space warfare
- Asteroid-impact avoidance
- Space law
- Remote sensing
- Planetarium - A synthetic observatory, used for education and presentations
- Space Sciences Laboratory - University of California, Berkeley
- Space Sciences @ NASA
- Space Sciences @ ESA
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Space Sciences Institute
- Space Science & Technology, (Persian) an Iranian nongovernmental group who writes scientific articles about Space Science & Technology