Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie
|Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie|
|Japanese||宇宙刑事ギャバン THE MOVIE|
|Hepburn||Uchū Keiji Gyaban Za Mūbī|
|Directed by||Osamu Kaneda|
|Written by||Yūji Kobayashi|
|Narrated by||Kiyoshi Kobayashi|
|Music by||Michiaki Watanabe
|Edited by||Ren Sato|
|Distributed by||Toei Company|
Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie (宇宙刑事ギャバン THE MOVIE Uchū Keiji Gyaban Za Mūbī?) is a 2012 Japanese tokusatsu film to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the Metal Hero Series' first entry, Space Sheriff Gavan, and is a sequel to the Space Sheriff series. Kenji Ohba, Toshiaki Nishizawa, and Shōzō Iizuka reprise their roles from the original television series. The catchphrases for the movie are "Farewell tears, welcome courage!" (あばよ涙、よろしく勇気! Abayo Namida, Yoroshiku Yūki!?) and "Now Jōchaku, the one who inherits the silvery soul: when crisis approaches the galaxy, the Space Sheriffs rise up." (蒸着せよ、銀の魂を継ぐ者よ―― 銀河に危機が迫る時、宇宙刑事が立ち上がる Jōchaku seyo, Gin no Tamashii o Tsugu Mono yo - Ginga ni Kiki ga Semaru Toki, Uchū Keiji ga Tachiagaru?)
Fulfilling their fifteen year old childhood dream to venture into space, Geki Jumonji and Touya Okuma join SARD and take a mission to Mars with their childhood friend Itsuki Kawai giving them good luck pendants so she can be with them in spirit. However, the two are labelled MIA when their space shuttle mysteriously disappears. A year later, while remembering her friends, Itsuki finds the SARD complex being attacked by a murderous monster and runs for her life with her pursuer catching up to her. By then, a silver-armored figure named Space Sheriff Gavan appears and battles the monster as he is revealed to be Zan Vard of the Space Mafia Maku. As they fight, Zan Vard holds Itsuki hostage until he is hit by an attack of an unknown origin, allowing Gavan to seemingly finish him off with his Gavan Dynamic and rescue Itsuki, who recognizes him as Geki as he boards the Dolgran without further explanations. Summoned to Planet Bird, it is revealed that Geki has spent the last year training at the Galactic Union and now works as a provisional Space Sheriff in the Gavan-Type G combat suit. Geki is reprimanded by Commander Qom for failing to protect the data that was taken during the fight by Lizard Doubler with the consideration to have Space Sheriffs Sharivan and Shaider, Kai Hyuga and Shu Karasuma, take over. However, Geki convinces Qom to give him another chance and returns to Earth.
Upon his return, Geki meets with Itsuki and takes her into the Dolgran where she meets his partner Shelly of Planet Bird. Refusing to tell her the truth about what happened with him and Touya during the mission one year before, Geki's search takes him to Oyama Energy Laboratory where a meteor is being researched. However, Geki finds himself being attacked by the scientists and security as Shelly fails to stop Maku's Witch Kill from obtaining the meteor which is needed to resurrect Don Horror. Kill takes her leave as Geki and Shelly escape with their lives, with Itsuki finding Touya's pendant among the wreckage. Geki later revealed to Shelly how he ended up drifting in space after his shuttle exploded and Touya sucked into the vortex's event horizon. By that time, after she broke the code with Shelly pinpointing the location, Itsuki has Geki take her to the location. There, she sees an illusion of Touya as she and Geki follow it into a trap set up by Maku's leader Brighton. Overpowering Geki in his Gavan Type-G, Bright takes Itsuki into Makuu Space while having Kill, Van Zard, Lizard Doubler, a group of Crushers deal with the Space Sheriff. Luckily, the original Space Sheriff Gavan arrives to even the odds and get Geki to safety, revealed to have been the one who saved Geki from drifting space and during his fight with Van Zard.
Learning from Commander Qom that he has been relieved of duty, Geki finds himself being attacked by Gavan as he ends the youth's indecision as only he can stop the rebirth of Don Horror. The two then find themselves attacked by Lizard Doubler, with Geki saving Shelly before the Doubler sends the two into Makuu Space where he becomes three-times as powerful. After successfully escaping Makuu Space, the two Gavans don their combat suits and Gavan stays behind to destroy Lizard Doubler so Gavan Type-G can proceed to space, destroying an entire fleet of Makuu ships with the Electronic Starbeast Dol before reaching what remained of Makuu Castle. With Sharivan and Shaider holding off Witch Kill and Van Zardo, Gavan Type-G finally reaches Itsuki and Brighton, revealed to be Touya.
Revealing that he pledged himself to Don Horror while trapped in another dimension, Touya intends to kill Geki for not saving him while offering Itsuki's body to Don Horror so he can possess her and engulf the entire universe in Makuu Space. With no option left, with Itsuki trying to fight out of the possession, Gavan Type-G mortally wounds Brighton with a Gavan Dynamic to end the ritual. With Makuu Castle beginning to self-destruct, Geki manages to save Touya from falling into the abyss as they and Istuki escape on Dol. Back on Earth, an agonizing Touya finally reconciles with Geki and Itsuki before passing away to his friends' dismay. Shelly later informs that in recognition to his efforts, the Galactic Union Patrol officially establishes Geki as the new Gavan. Geki then departs from Earth with Shelly, leaving behind a letter to Itsuki, where he states that he will return to meet her again once he accomplishes his duty as a Space Sheriff.
Space Sheriffs: Next Generation (宇宙刑事 NEXT GENERATION Uchū Keiji: Nekusuto Jenerēshon?) is a set of two V-Cinema releases that focus on side stories of Riki Miura as the current Star Sheriff Sharivan and Hiroaki Iwanaga as the current Star Sheriff Shaider.
- Geki Jumonji (十文字 撃 Jūmonji Geki?): Yuma Ishigaki (石垣 佑磨 Ishigaki Yūma?)
- Retsu Ichijouji (一条寺 烈 Ichijōji Retsu?): Kenji Ohba (大葉 健二 Ōba Kenji?)
- Itsuki Kawai (河井 衣月 Kawai Itsuki?): Yukari Taki (滝 裕可里 Taki Yukari?)
- Brighton (Toya Okuma) (ブライトン (大熊 遠矢) Buraiton (Ōkuma Tōya)?): Takuya Nagaoka (永岡 卓也 Nagaoka Takuya?)
- Shelly (シェリー Sherī?): Suzuka Morita (森田 涼花 Morita Suzuka?)
- Commander Qom (コム長官 Komu Chōkan?): Toshiaki Nishizawa (西沢 利明 Nishizawa Toshiaki?)
- Eleena (エリーナ Erīna?): Honoka (穂花?)
- Kai Hyuga (日向 快 Hyūga Kai?): Riki Miura (三浦 力 Miura Riki?)
- Shu Karasuma (烏丸 舟 Karasuma Shū?): Hiroaki Iwanaga (岩永 洋昭 Iwanaga Hiroaki?)
- Witch Kill (魔女キル Majo Kiru?): Sanae Hitomi (人見 早苗 Hitomi Sanae?)
- Section Chief Iwamoto (岩本室長 Iwamoto Shitsuchō?): Ijily Okada (イジリー岡田 Ijirī Okada?)
- Young Geki: Keisuke Nakamura (中村 圭佑 Nakamura Keisuke?)
- Young Itsuki: Haruka Koizumi (小泉 遥香 Koizumi Haruka?)
- Young Toya: Haruto Yoshida (吉田 晴登 Yoshida Haruto?)
- Lizard Doubler (リザードダブラー Rizādo Daburā?, Voice): Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu?)
- Zan Vardo (ザン・バルド Zan Barudo?, Voice): Dai Matsumoto (松本 大 Matsumoto Dai?)
- Don Horror (ドン・ホラー Don Horā?, Voice): Shōzō Iizuka (飯塚 昭三 Iizuka Shōzō?)
- Narrator (ナレーター Narētā?): Kiyoshi Kobayashi (小林 清志 Kobayashi Kiyoshi?)
- Main film theme
- "Space Sheriff Gavan" (宇宙刑事ギャバン Uchū Keiji Gyaban?)
- Insert song
- "Space Sheriff Gavan -Type G-" (宇宙刑事ギャバン -Type G- Uchū Keiji Gyaban -Taipu Jī-?)
- Lyrics: Keisuke Yamakawa
- Composition: Michiaki Watanabe
- Arrangement: Kohei Wada (和田 耕平 Wada Kōhei?)
- Artist: Akira Kushida
- An updated version of the original series theme. The song was also played in episode 31 of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- Space Sheriff Gavan
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie
- Space Sheriff Sharivan
- Space Sheriff Shaider
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
- Metal Hero Series
- "Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie Announced for October Premiere". Anime News Network. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2012-07-16.