From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
SpaceTurk, founded in 1998 as The Turkish Space Research Group, is a non-profit and volunteer group dedicated to work on space research. The group activities so far are:
- Execution of Middle East and Turkey representative of United Nations Space Generation Advisory Council UNSGAC,
- Establishment of Space Association of Turkic States (SATS),
- Yuri's Night organizations in several cities including Ankara and Istanbul,
- World Space Week organizations in several cities with a high participation rate of primary schools.
- Detection of environmental pollution due to the oil spills from the tankers with satellite views,
- Detection of the deforestation in Burundi with remote sensing,
- System design for a civilian, peace and science aimed launcher (ATA1 project).