|Stable release||4.1 / December 2, 2013|
|Preview release||4.1 RC / November 14, 2013|
|License||Mozilla Public License|
SpagoBI is an Open Source Business Intelligence suite, belonging to the free/open source SpagoWorld initiative, founded and supported by Engineering Group. It offers a large range of analytical functions, a highly functional semantic layer often absent in other open source platforms and projects, and a respectable set of advanced data visualization features including geospatial analytics.
SpagoBI Server is the main module of the suite, offering the core and analytical functionalities. It provides two conceptual models (Analytical Model, Behavioural Model), administration tools and cross-platform services.
The Analytical Model is the core of SpagoBI Server and covers a range of analytical needs:
- Reports, to show structured data in a pixel-perfect way
- OLAP analysis, to navigate through data
- Graphs, providing simple and intuitive views of the information
- Real-time dashboards, to monitor the KPIs
- KPI models, to build and test one's own performance monitoring model
- Geo-referenced reporting, to publish data over a geographical representation
- Cockpits, to realize complex and interactive dashboards
- Free Inquiry (QbE), to build one's own query and generate the first report template
- Data mining processes, to discover hidden information
- Office Documents, to publish Office documents under the behavioural model control
- Analytical Dossiers, to collect documents with personal notes
- Accessible Reports, in compliance with the international standard WCAG 2.0 and the Italian law
- Real-time console, to monitor applications
- Smart Filter, for the guided data selection
- External Process, to execute external processes that can interact with OLTP systems
- ETL/EII processes, to collect data from different sources.
The Behavioural Model regulates the visibility over documents and data, according to the end-users' roles. It allows to reduce the required number of analytical documents, to guarantee the growth of the project over time and the respect of the visibility rules.
The Administration Tools provide various functionalities, such as: scheduler, import/export, user profile system, menu management, audit & monitoring, subscription management and graphical interfaces.
The Cross-platform Services include the platform common features that can be used on all analytical areas: SSO, alert and notification, workflow, search engine, collaborative tools, rules engine, delivery by e-mail, ranking, exporters, RT events, personal folders, cross navigation and metadata visualization.
SpagoBI Studio allows the developer to design and modify analytical documents such as reports, charts, GEO and cockpits. The module also supports the deployment phase, where the analytical documents have to be tested and released on SpagoBI Server, with which it interacts through SpagoBI SDK.
SpagoBI Meta is focused on metadata management and inquiry. The platform manages technical and business metadata.
SpagoBI SDK is the tool used for the integration of the services provided by the server. It aims both at the integration of the documents through a range of web services and at the publication of SpagoBI documents in an external portal or application.