Spalding Catholic High School
|Spalding Catholic High School|
|521 Broad Street
Granville, Iowa, (Sioux County), 51022
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Athletics conference||War Eagle|
|Rival||St. Mary's High School (Remsen, Iowa)|
Spalding Catholic High School was a private, Roman Catholic high school in Granville, Iowa. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sioux City. It closed at the end of the 2013 school year and merged into Gehlen Catholic High School in LeMars, Iowa.
Spalding High School was opened in 1962. It replaced several smaller high schools run by parishes in and around Granville, including St. Mary's (Alton, Iowa), St. Anthony's (Hospers, Iowa), and St. Joseph's (Granville, Iowa).
- Boys Baseball - 1974, 1975, 1989, 2000, 2001 (Runner-Up - 1992, 2003, 2005)
- Boys Baseball (Fall League) - 1971, 1976 (Runner-Up - 1965, 1973, 1974)
Notes and references
- CatholicGlobe.org. "Alton-St. Mary History". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- IHSAA. "Iowa High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Welp, Jenny (October 17, 2004). "Bishop's Catholic education spotlight of dinner". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Lefebvre, Katie (September 9, 2004). "Bishop's Dinner". The Catholic Globe. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Gausman, Kayah (August 22, 2013). "First bell rings for merged Gehlen, Spalding school". KTIV. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Christoffel, Ryan (March 11, 2013). "War Eagle Conference accepts Harris-Lake Park". Dickinson County News. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
|This Iowa school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|