|Stable release||1.0.0 / December 9, 2012|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows
Mac OS X
|Type||Online backup service|
SparkleShare is open-source client software that provides cloud storage and file synchronization services. By default, it uses Git as a storage backend. It is comparable to Dropbox, but the cloud storage can be provided by the user's own server, or a hosted solution such as GitHub or Gitorious. The advantage of self-hosting is that the user retains absolute control over their own data. In the simplest case, self hosting only requires SSH and Git.
See also 
- Google Drive
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Comparison of online backup services
- Cloud collaboration
- Cloud storage
- Document collaboration
- Document-centric collaboration
- Remote backup service
- "Sparkleshare – A Great Open Source Alternative To Dropbox". Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- "Drop Your Dropbox and SparkleShare Instead!". Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- "SparkleShare - Set up a host". Retrieved May 14, 2012.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|