|Type||Further education college|
|Local authority||Hampshire County Council|
|DfE URN||130698 Tables|
Sparsholt College is a Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) college located at Sparsholt near Winchester, Hampshire, in the south of England. The college provides courses from sixth form to degree level and recently merged with Cricklade College, Andover.
The college covers primarily countryside-based subjects including Agriculture, Engineering, Fishery Studies, Equine Studies, Forestry and Woodland Management, Game and Wildlife Management, Horticulture, Sport and Outdoor Education and Animal Management. There are currently more than 1900 full-time and 3000 part-time students including around 450 at HE level.
Origins and history
Higher Education at the college began in 1983 at HND level with Fishery Studies. Current BSc(Hons) degrees include Animal Management and Garden Design.
Some prominent former students of the college include:
- Charlie Dimmock - T.V. presenter and gardener.
- Tom Hart Dyke - horticulturist, plant hunter and designer of the World Garden of Plants.
- Sparsholt College Full-time Further Education Prospectus 2008 Entry
- Yvonne Swann, My CV: Charlie Dimmock - The tops bra none, Daily Mirror, 12th June 2003
- Sale, Jonathan (2006-04-20). "Passed/Failed: an education in the life of Tom Harte Dyke, orchid hunter". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
|This Hampshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|