Special Area No. 2, Alberta
|Special Area No. 2|
Little Fish Lake Provincial Park
|Nickname(s): Special Area 2|
|Census division||No. 4|
|• Governing body||Special Areas Board|
|• Municipal office||Hanna|
|• District office||Hanna|
|• Total||9,342.42 km2 (3,607.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.2/km2 (0.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Postal Code Prefix||T0J|
|Website||Special Areas Board|
Special Area No. 2 is a special area in southern Alberta, Canada. It is a rural municipality similar to a municipal district, however, the elected council is overseen by three representatives appointed by the province, the Special Areas Board.
Special Area 2 has two provincial parks, Little Fish Lake Provincial Park, and the portion of Dinosaur Provincial Park north of the Red Deer River. Lakes include Little Fish Lake, Dowling Lake, and the south portion of Sullivan Lake.
In the 2011 Census, Special Area No. 2 had a population of 2,025 living in 698 of its 745 total dwellings, a -2.4% change from its 2006 population of 2,074. With a land area of 9,342.42 km2 (3,607.13 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.2/km2 (0.6/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Special Area No. 2 had a population of 2,074 living in 775 dwellings, a 11.0% decrease from 2001. It had a land area of 9,342.59 km2 (3,607.19 sq mi) and a population density of 0.2/km2 (0.6/sq mi).
Communities and localities
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2006 and 2001 censuses - 100% data (Alberta)". Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- Special Area 2 - Statistics Canada. 2002. 2001 Community Profiles. Released June 27, 2002. Last modified: November 30, 2005. Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 93F0053XIE.
- "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2006, Economic Regions: 4804004 - Special Area No. 2, geographical codes and localities, 2006". Statistics Canada. 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
||County of Stettler||County of Paintearth||Special Area No. 4|
|Special Area No. 3|
|Wheatland County||County of Newell||Cypress County|