Special Area No. 4
|Special Area No. 4|
|Nickname(s): Special Area 4|
|Census division||No. 4|
|• Governing body||Special Areas Board|
|• Municipal office||Hanna|
|• District office||Consort|
|• Total||4,403.03 km2 (1,700.02 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.3/km2 (0.8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Postal Code Prefix||T0C|
Special Area No. 4 is a special area in central Alberta, Canada. It is a rural municipality similar to a municipal district, however, the elected council is overseen by three representatives appointed by the province, the Special Areas Board.
Special Area 4 has one provincial park, Gooseberry Lake Provincial Park. Lakes include Grassy Island Lake and Sounding Lake.
In the 2011 Census, Special Area No. 4 had a population of 1,352 living in 447 of its 501 total dwellings, a -2.7% change from its 2006 population of 1,389. With a land area of 4,403.03 km2 (1,700.02 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.3/km2 (0.8/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Special Area No. 4 had a population of 1,389 living in 493 dwellings, an 8.3% decrease from 2001. It had a land area of 4,403.23 km2 (1,700.10 sq mi) and a population density of 0.3 /km2 (0.78 /sq mi).
Communities and localities
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2006 and 2001 censuses - 100% data (Alberta)". Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- Special Area 4 - Statistics Canada. 2002. 2001 Community Profiles. Released June 27, 2002. Last modified: November 30, 2005. Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 93F0053XIE.
- "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2006, Economic Regions: 4804020 - Special Area No. 4, geographical codes and localities, 2006". Statistics Canada. 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
||Flagstaff County||Municipal District of Provost No. 52||Rural Municipality of Heart's Hill|
|County of Paintearth No. 18||Rural Municipality of Antelope Park|
|Special Area No. 2||Special Area No. 3||Rural Municipality of Milton|