|Engine suppliers||1 (2008)|
|Last Drivers' champion||Gianni Morbidelli|
|Last Teams' champion||Palm Beach|
The Speedcar Series Championship was a stock car racing series that was active from January 2008 to June 2009 across two championship seasons. Races were held across several countries, spanning the Middle East and Asia. It featured up to 24 drivers competing in identical V8 620 hp stock cars, deliberately lacking electronic driver aids. Its headquarters were situated at the Dubai Autodrome.
Former F1 drivers Jacques Villeneuve, Jean Alesi, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Christian Danner, Johnny Herbert, Stefan Johansson, Narain Karthikeyan, Ukyo Katayama, J.J. Lehto, Gianni Morbidelli, Alex Yoong and Vitantonio Liuzzi competed in the Speedcar Series. Herbert and Morbidelli were the two series champions. MotoGP rider Marco Melandri also competed in several races.
As a result of cutbacks, the series' backer, Union Properties, withdrew its support. A rescue deal planned by new series boss Claudio Berro fell through, and the championship was cancelled in June 2009.
The BVI based company was placed into liquidation on 14 June 2010 and its assets put up for sale.
Speedcar events were held over two consecutive days.
Race day 1:
- Official practice session
- Race 1
Race day 2:
- Warm up
- Race 2
Both races consisted of a standing start and a distance of 90 miles (140 km) or 45 minutes in duration.
No refuelling was allowed during either race.
|2008||Johnny Herbert||Speedcar Team|
|2008–09||Gianni Morbidelli||Palm Beach|
- Chassis: Tubular frame with safety roll cage
- Engine Displacement: 6,000 cc (6.0 L; 366.1 cu in) Pushrod V8
- Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
- Weight: 1,200 kg (2,646 lb) without driver and fuel
- Power Output: 620 hp (462 kW; 629 PS)
- Torque: 680 N·m (500 ft·lbf)
- Fuel: Unleaded gasoline
- Fuel Capacity: 10 US gal (38 L)
- Fuel Delivery: MoTeC Fuel Injection
- Vehicle Wiring: MoTeC Systems East
- Compression Ratio: 12:1
- Wheelbase: 105 in (2,667 mm)
- Throttle Body Size: 750-830 cubic feet per minute (354-392 liters per second) 4 barrel
- Aspiration: Naturally aspirated
- Steering: Power, recirculating ball
- Tires: Slick tires and rain tires provided by Michelin
- Length: 5,283 mm (208 in)
- Width: 2,032 mm (80 in)
- Height: 1,321 mm (52 in)
- Safety equipment: HANS device, Seat belt 6-point supplied by MOMO