As of 2013, Speedweeks informally kicks off in early January with off-season testing at Daytona. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series conduct annual preseason tests on the 2.5-mile oval.
24 Hours of Daytona 
The first major event of Speedweeks is the Rolex 24. Currently it is held the final weekend of January, which is also the bye week for the Super Bowl. This weekend has been specifically chosen to avoid conflict with the Super Bowl. Events during the weekend include:
Daytona 500 week 
Following the Rolex 24, there is no track activity for two weeks. This prevents a conflict with the Super Bowl. During this time, track officials clean the track and make final preparations for the arrival of stock cars.
The highlight of Speedweeks are the nine days leading up to and including the Daytona 500. It begins the weekend prior to the Daytona 500, and ends with the race itself. Currently the Daytona 500 is scheduled for the last Sunday in February.
- Sprint Cup practice for the Daytona 500
- ARCA Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 race
- Sprint Cup Sprint Unlimited exhibition race
Monday & Tuesday 
- UNOH Battle At The Beach
- Sprint Cup practice for the Gatorade Duel
- Nationwide Series practice
- Camping World Truck Series practice
- Sprint Cup Daytona 500 practice
- Nationwide Series qualifying
- Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250 race
In 2005, a 5K run was added to the Speedweeks schedule, as part of the Rolex 24.
In 2007, the IndyCar Series hosted an open test on the road course configuration during the week after the Rolex 24. No race was scheduled, however.
Former names 
Former events during Speedweeks 
- International Race of Champions (usually held on Friday)
- Daytona 500 consolation race
- NASCAR Dash Series Daytona 200 (usually held the same day as the Busch Clash)
See also