|Revised Romanization||Gwasok Seukaendeul|
|Directed by||Kang Hyeong-cheol|
|Produced by||Ahn Byeong-ki
|Written by||Kang Hyeong-cheol|
|Music by||Kim Joon-seok|
|Editing by||Nam Na-yeong|
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
|Running time||108 minutes|
Speedy Scandal is a 2008 South Korean film written and directed by Kang Hyeong-cheol and starring Cha Tae-hyun in the lead role. This was director Kang's first film and the highest grossing Korean film of the year.
Former teen idol Nam Hyeon-soo (Cha Tae-hyun) who thinks he is pretty popular is now in his thirties and working as a radio DJ. A young woman named Hwang Jeong-nam (Park Bo-young) sent stories about her being a single mother to the radio station Hyeon-soo worked at, telling him she is going to meet her father. When he finds out that he is the father of Jeong-nam when she comes to his apartment with her son Ki-Dong (Wang Seok-hyeon). He also finds out that Jeong-nam was his first love's name and the other Jeong-nam's real name is Jae-in. Jae-in and her son, Ki-dong. Not believing it, he goes through a DNA blood test,and the results say that they're related. Jae-in wants to perform on stage singing, but Hyeon-soo thinks this will reveal his scandal with what's happening to Jae-In, Ki Dong, and himself. Ki-dong's dad Park Sang-yoon (Im Ji-kyu) finds Jae-in, when she started getting popular with her singing. They meet and chat, before Sang-yoon thought Jae-in was in a relationship with Hyeon-soo. Later at Jae-in's performance, Ki-dong went missing, which brought Hyeon-soo to realize that he really did care for his daughter and grandson. He gave up some of his job to be with his family and started to really love them like his children and cared for them.
- Cha Tae-hyun ... Nam Hyeon-soo
- Park Bo-young ... Hwang Jeong-nam
- Wang Seok-hyeon ... Hwang Ki-dong
- Im Ji-kyu ... Park Sang-yoon, Jeong-nam's first love
- Hwang Woo Seul-hye ... Jo Mo, kindergarten teacher
- Im Seung-dae ... Bong Pil-joong, entertainment reporter
- Jeong Won-joong ... Bureau director
- Kim Gi-bang ... Director
- Park Yeong-seo ... Assistant director
- Seong Ji-roo ... Lee Chang-hoon (cameo)
Speedy Scandal was released in South Korea on 3 December 2008, and topped the box office on its opening weekend with 473,725 admissions. It continued to chart well finishing with over 8 million tickets sold becoming the highest grossing Korean film of 2008. The second highest grosser was The Good, The Bad, The Weird with 6.6 million tickets, then The Chaser with roughly 5 million tickets sold.
- "Speedy Scandal". Boxofficemojo. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "Speedy Scandal (2008) – 과속스캔들". HanCinema. Retrieved on 10 December 2008.
- "Korean Box Office" (Week-end 2008.12.05 ~ 2008.12.07). HanCinema. Retrieved on 10 December 2008.
- "The Good, the Bad, the Weird (Admissions)". HanCinema. 20 September 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Admissions as of 1 June 2008. The Chaser, HanCinema. Retrieved on 28 September 2008.