Spencer Township, Jennings County, Indiana
Location in Jennings County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||49.23 sq mi (127.5 km2)|
|• Land||48.91 sq mi (126.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.32 sq mi (0.8 km2) 0.65%|
|Elevation||646 ft (197 m)|
|• Density||47.6/sq mi (18.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453861|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.23 square miles (127.5 km2), of which 48.91 square miles (126.7 km2) (or 99.35%) is land and 0.32 square miles (0.83 km2) (or 0.65%) is water. The streams of Indian Creek, Little Mutton Creek, Powder Creek, Storm Creek, Tea Creek and Twomile Creek run through this township.
- Geneva Township (north)
- Center Township (east)
- Vernon Township (east)
- Lovett Township (southeast)
- Marion Township (south)
- Vernon Township, Jackson County (southwest)
- Washington Township, Jackson County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, Jackson County (west)
- Redding Township, Jackson County (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Barkman, Hunt, Myers, Saint Catherines, Saint James, Sixmile, Whitcomb and Wohrer.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.