From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sphinx in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sphinx most commonly refers to:
- Sphinx, an iconic image of a recumbent lion with a human head in Egyptian and Greek mythology
- Sphinx of Memphis, a stone sphinx located near the remains of Memphis, Egypt.
- Great Sphinx of Giza, the giant Sphinx statue near the Great Pyramids
Sphinx or Sphynx may also refer to:
- The Sphinx, an 1846 short story by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Sphinx (1933 film), a 1933 American film directed by Phil Rosen
- Sphinx (novel), a 1979 novel by Robin Cook
- Sphinx (film), a 1981 American film adaptation of Cook's novel
- Sphinx (Marvel Comics), name of two Marvel Comics characters
- DC Comics super-villain The Riddler, is also known as Le Sphinx in French speaking areas of the world.
- Sphinx (Dungeons & Dragons), monster in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game
- Sphinx (role-playing game), a 1984 role-playing game
- S.P.H.I.N.X., an Independent Espionage Organisation featured in the cartoon The Venture Bros.
- Sphinx, a planet in the science fiction Honorverse by David Weber
- Sphynx ("Sfinks" in the Polish language) was the initial name of the Janusz A. Zajdel Award
- The Sphinx (magazine), an Independent Magazine for Magicians
Art and music
- Sphinx (Marc Quinn sculpture), a 2006 Marc Quinn sculpture of the model Kate Moss
- "The Sphinx" (song), a 1978 song by Amanda Lear
- Sphynx (album), a 2003 album by black metal band Melechesh
- The Sphinx – Das beste aus den Jahren 1976–1983, a 2006 album by Amanda Lear
- Sphynx (cat), a breed of hairless cat
- Sphinx (moth), a genus of moth
- Sphinx (Gallipoli), a Turkish rock outcrop named by WWI soldiers landing at Anzac Cove in 1915
- Sphinx (Romania), a natural rock formation, famous tourist attraction in the Carpathian Mountains
- The Sphinx (volcano), a subglacial volcano in southwestern British Columbia
- The Sphinx (Wyoming), a mountain in the Wind River Range, Wyoming, USA
- Sphinx (satellite), an American test satellite
- Sphinx (search engine), a free software SQL full-text search engine
- Sphinx (documentation generator), a free open-source Python documentation generator
- CMU Sphinx, a free voice recognition engine from Carnegie Mellon University
- Sphinx, the name of a GoTo telescope produced by Vixen
- Sphinx, a codename for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
- Sphinx Systems, a Swiss firearms manufacturer
- Sphinx tiling, a geometric tiling using one particular hexiamond, a "sphinx"
- HMS Sphinx, the name of six ships of the Royal Navy
- La Mouette Sphinx, a French hang glider design
- Sphinx (senior society), a secret society at Dartmouth College
- Sphinx Senior Society, a senior society at the University of Pennsylvania
- Sphinx Organization, a non-profit organization aiding the development of young Black and Latino classical musicians
- Le Sphinx, a Paris brothel founded in 1931
- Sphinx (restaurant chain) - a Polish chain of restaurants
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sphinx.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.