Spicer Memorial College Higher Secondary School
|Spicer Higher Secondary School|
Pune, Maharashtra, India, 411007
|School type||Private Higher Secondary School|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Seventh-day Adventist|
|School board||Matriculation /Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)|
|Principal||Mr Justus Devedas|
|Vice principal||Mr Prashant Shirsat|
|Classes||1 Std to 12 Std|
|Average class size||30|
|Medium of language||English|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
The Spicer Higher Secondary School is located on Aundh Road, about one mile West of Kirkee Railway Station, Pune, Maharashtra State. The city of Pune is a well-known educational, cultural, and industrial center. The school campus is seventy-acre country estate blessed with natural beauty and excellent farmland. It is bound at the North by the Mulah river and on the East by the Government Field Experiment Station. The temperature, climate and quiet surroundings are conducive for study and learning.
Spicer Memorial College was established in 1915 as a High School under the name South India Training School at Coimbatore, South India, with G. G. Lowry as the Principal. It was moved from Coimbatore to Bangalore in 1917. The institution was again moved in 1922 to a new campus at Krishnarajapuram, seven miles from the city of Bangalore. After twenty years at Krishnarajapuram in 1942, a new period began with the relocation of the College at its present site. The present Higher Secondary School had its origin in the campus in 1944. When the High School operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church at Lasalgaon, Nasik District, Maharashtra State was transferred to this campus. In 1954, the school obtained permission to send students for SSC examination of the Maharashtra State Secondary Board of Education in addition to the Denominational School Leaving Certificate Examination, which is conducted by the Department of Education of Seventh-day Adventists, Southern Asia Division. In 1956, the school was affiliated to the council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi and ISC Examination conducted at the end of 11 years of schooling. With the introduction of the plus two educational patterns in the country, the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination also recognized its programme. Therefore, the school now offers Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) at the completion of ten years and Indian School Certificate at the end of twelve years of study.
- Science Laboratories
- Media Center
- Play House
- Drinking Water
- Fire Fighting System
- First Aid
- Sports and Games
- Health Service
- Study Hall
- Student Mail
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.