Spin the Picture
|Spin the Picture|
|Presented by||Kathi Norris
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original channel||DuMont Television Network|
|Original run||9 June 1949 – 4 February 1950|
Spin the Picture was an early American game show which aired on the DuMont Television Network. The hosts telephoned home viewers to see if they could identify a famous person within a spinning photograph.
The show was originally called Cut at the premiere on 9 June 1949, and was renamed Spin the Picture on 25 June. The show was hosted by Kathi Norris and Carl Caruso and was on Saturdays at 8 pm ET. The final show was broadcast 4 February 1950. Norris was also the host of the DuMont daytime television show TV Shopper. Norris and Caruso were married from 1979 to Norris' death in 2005.
No copies of this show are known to exist.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1949-50 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1