From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up spindle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term spindle may refer to:
Textiles and manufacturing
- Spindle (textiles), a device to spin fibers into thread
- Spindle (tool), is the main rotating part of a machine tool, woodworking machine, etc.
- Segmented spindle, a spindle consisting of discrete elements that can be assembled and disassembled on the fly
- Spindle (hard disk drive), the axis or alternate name of a hard disk drive
- Spindle (disc packaging), a plastic case for bulk optical discs
- Spindle apparatus, a cellular structure organizing and separating the chromosomes during cell division
- Muscle spindle, a specialized innervated muscle structure involved in the reflex action and in proprioception
- Spindle neurons are a specific class of neurons that participate in signal transmission in the nervous system
- Sleep spindle, an EEG waveform that occurs during sleep
- The genus Euonymus (also called spindles) are deciduous and evergreen shrubs and small trees
- Spindle (automobile), a part of a car's suspension system
- Spindle (furniture), an axially symmetric part of furniture or other woodwork
- Spindle (stationery), a device for holding paper documents
- Spindle (fire making), a straight wooden rod used in fire making
- Spindle torus, in mathematics, a self-intersecting torus
- Spindle (sculpture), a 40-foot sculpture made from cars in Berwyn, Illinois
- The Spindles, burial towers at Amrit, Syria
- Threaded rod connecting two door knobs
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.