- This article is about the band. For the spinnerets of a spider, see Spinneret (spider)
Spinnerette playing the B.C Virgin Festival July 25th 2009
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Alternative rock, indie rock|
|Years active||2007—2010 (status unknown)|
|Associated acts||The Distillers, Queens of the Stone Age, Eleven, Eagles of Death Metal|
Spinnerette is an alternative rock band formed in 2007. The band consists of Brody Dalle (The Distillers), Tony Bevilacqua (The Distillers), Jack Irons (What Is This?, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Walk The Moon, Eleven, Pearl Jam) and Alain Johannes (What Is This?, Walk The Moon, Eleven, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures). The band has been inactive since 2010, it is unknown if the band will return.
Spinnerette was signed to Sire Records before Dalle negotiated out of the record contract. Initially she released one demo song on her website called "Case of the Swirls". She is now signed to Anthem Records. A full album was released on June 17, 2009.
On August 8, 2008 a blog was posted on Spinnerette's MySpace announcing that fans could now hear the first song from the upcoming album via the official website. The song is called "Valium Knights". Brody performed a live version of "Driving Song" with Queens Of The Stone Age as a backing band for the Natasha Shneider benefit concert.
Through the newsletter sent out to mailing list subscribers in October 2008, and later on the web site it was announced that Spinnerette was to perform several dates throughout October.
Dalle stated in an interview that there would be a different line-up when she tours the album. "Spinnerette isn't a band, it's me and whichever musicians I want to work with at the time." She later clarified that she was referring to the touring band and not the studio musicians.
On May 27, 2009, the following was posted on the band's website: "We are stoked to announce that we’ll be joining the Leeds & Reading Festival line-up this year. Spinnerette are playing 28 August at Leeds and 29 August at Reading, on the same day as our friends the Arctic Monkeys and Eagles of Death Metal." They toured through 2009, with support coming from bands such as Little Fish, Band of Skulls and Fun Loving Criminals among others.
In 2010, the band won Best Pop/Rock Album at the Independent Music Awards for their album Spinnerette.
The band has been inactive since 2010, in 2012 Dalle posted on her Twitter account that she was in the studio recording and was working with Shirley Manson of Garbage on at least one track.Dalle has released her first solo album "Diploid Love" in 2014.
- Current members
- Brody Dalle - vocals, guitar (2007—2010)
- Tony Bevilacqua - guitar (2007—2010)
- Alain Johannes - bass (2007—2010)
- Jack Irons - drums (2007—2010)
- Touring members
- Vincent Hidalgo - bass (2009)
- Bryan Tulao - guitar (2009—2010)
- Dave Hidalgo Jr. - drums (2009—2010)
- Zach Dawes - bass (2010)
- Studio albums
- Spinnerette (2009)
- Extended plays
- Ghetto Love (2008)
- "Ghetto Love"
- "Sex Bomb"
- "Baptized by Fire"
- "All Babes Are Wolves"
- Music videos
|2008||"Ghetto Love"||Liam Lynch|
|2009||"Baptized by Fire"||Chris Hopewell|
- "NME article discussing the emergence of Spinnerette". Nme.com. 2007-03-27. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- Martin, Dan (14 November 2008). "Brody Dalle dumps major-label deal". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Carman, Keith (June 26, 2009). "The debut of Spinnerette". Metro Canada. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "spinnerettemusic.com". spinnerettemusic.com. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- [dead link]
- "Events from 2009". LastFM. Retrieved 13 July 2009.
- Twitter | @BrodyDalle
- Twitter | @BrodyDalle
- "Spinnerette on". Fasterlouder.com.au. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- Official Spinnerette website
- Official Spinnerette Myspace
- Dalle Interview with thegraveyardgirls.com.
- Return of Brody Dalle, Spinnerette News Article on Daily Music Guide
- Ghetto Love EP Review at Daily Music Guide
- Interview with Brody Dalle, Submerge Magazine, July 2009