|Headquarters||White Plains, New York|
|Reuben Kerben, Andrei Volgin|
|Products||Spiral school management platform|
Spiral Universe provides a software platform for student information, learning management, and distance learning applications. The company is based in White Plains, New York. The flagship product is called Spiral, a rich Internet application available under the software as a service model. Features include course management, gradebook, attendance tracking, student records, reporting, report cards and transcripts, student portal, parents portal, and scheduling.
The first generation of Spiral ran on Linux, PostgreSQL, Java, Spring Framework, Tomcat, and Ext/Google Web Toolkit (GXT). The software is compatible with the Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF). JasperSoft is used as a tool for reporting.
- Meyer, Darrell (5 January 2010). "Implementation Spotlight: Spiral Universe". Ext JS Blog.
- Kelly Liyakasa (4 March 2010). "School management, codified". Westchester County Business Journal.
- "Spiral Universe School Management Platform Now Available in French and Chinese". PRWeb. 5 February 2010.
- "Spiral Universe Brings Advanced Education Technology to Uganda". BusinessWire. 8 February 2010.
- "Spiral Universe: A Bit of Silicon Valley Comes to White Plains". The White Plains Times. 28 March 2010.
- Capterra Software Spotlight - Spiral Universe
- "Jaspersoft’s New Software Community Release Delivers Broad Suite of Business Intelligence Capabilities". 4 February 2010.
- Spiral Universe - Technology