From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Notable persons with spiral fractures
- Chad Billingsley, American baseball pitcher, slipped on ice and suffered a spiral fracture of the fibula.
- Ryan Bradley, American figure skater, suffered a spiral fracture in the humerus of his arm while playing dodge ball.
- Michael Russell, American tennis player, while serving suffered a spiral fracture of the humerus bone.
- Jeremy Ten, Canadian figure skater, sustained a spiral fracture of the fibula.
Spiral fractures are commonly attributed to non-accidental injury
- "Spiral Fracture". Harvard University. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- Associated Press (2008-11-23). "Dodgers ace Billingsley has surgery after breaking leg in fall at home". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- Mittan, Barry (March 26, 2007). "From Bad Breaks to a Breakout for Bradley". SkateToday.
- Greg Garber (August 22, 2007). "Perseverance paying off for Michael Russell; The Roger Federers and Andy Roddicks win the titles and spend their careers in the international spotlight. However, as Greg Garber writes, their successes would not be possible without players like Michael Russell.". ESPN. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "Ice is Slippery - as told by Jeremy Ten". PJ Kwong. June 5, 2011. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
|This article about Orthopedic surgery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|