Spirit-class cruise ship
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
Costa Atlantica in Miami
|Builders:||Kvaerner Masa-Yards Helsinki, Finland (2000-2004)
Fincantieri Marghera, Italy (2009-present)
|Operators:||Carnival Cruise Lines
|Preceded by:||Carnival Cruise Lines: Destiny class
Costa Cruises: Classica class
|Succeeded by:||Carnival Cruise Lines: Conquest class
Costa Cruises: Fortuna class
|Tonnage:||85,619 - 92,700 GT
|Length:||292.56 m (959 ft 10 in)|
|Beam:||32.20 m (105 ft 8 in)|
|Draft:||7.80 m (25 ft 7 in)|
|Installed power:||6 × Wärtsilä 9R46
63,370 kW (combined)
|Propulsion:||2 × 17.6 MW ABB Azipod|
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
The Spirit class is a class of cruise ships built at the Helsinki New Shipyard (now STX Europe) in Helsinki, Finland. The class are operated by Carnival Cruise Lines and Costa Cruises (both subsidiaries of the Carnival Corporation). The ships were built to the Panamax form factor, allowing them to pass through the Panama canal. This class has the smallest of the signature smoke stacks that Carnival has on their ships.
In 2009, the new Costa Luminosa (built by Fincantieri) was introduced. The design is a hybrid between the Spirit Class and the Vista Class which makes the Spirit/Vista class ship the largest cruise ship class in the world with 17 ships operating. see Vista Spirit hybrid class cruise ship.
|2000||Costa Atlantica||Costa Cruises||Helsinki New Shipyard||85,619 GT||Italy||First Spirit-class ship|
|2001||Carnival Spirit||Carnival Cruises||Helsinki New Shipyard||88,500 GT||Malta||First Spirit-class ship for Carnival|
|2001||Carnival Pride||Carnival Cruises||Helsinki New Shipyard||88,500 GT||Panama||she has been flag ship of carnival|
|2002||Carnival Legend||Carnival Cruises||Helsinki New Shipyard||88,500 GT||Panama|
|2003||Costa Mediterranea||Costa Cruises||Helsinki New Shipyard||86,000 GT||Italy|
|2004||Carnival Miracle||Carnival Cruises||Helsinki New Shipyard||88,500 GT||Panama||Last Carnival Spirit-class ship|
- Radiance class - a similar class of Panamax ships operated by Royal Caribbean International
- MV Arcadia - a similar Panamax ship operated by P&O Cruises.
- MS Queen Victoria - a similar Panamax sized ship operated by Cunard Line.
- Vista class - a similar class of Panamax ships operated by Holland America Line
- Signature class cruise ship - a similar class of Panamax ships operated by Holland America Line
- Coral Princess and Island Princess - A similar set of Panamax ships operated by Princess Cruises
- Costa Luminosa and Costa Deliziosa - A set of Panamax ships operated by Costa Cruises derived from the Spirit Class and Vista Class designs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Spirit class cruise ships.|