|Greater splanchnic nerve, seen in thoracic cavity seen from left side.|
|Lower half of right sympathetic cord.|
More specifically, it can also refer to:
- Splanchnic tissue
- An adjective describing the intestines
- Splanchnic nerves
- Splanchnic mesoderm
- Splanchnic circulation - The circulation of the gastrointestinal tract originating at the celiac trunk, the inferior mesenteric artery and the superior mesenteric artery 
The term "splanchnologia" is used for grouping in Nomina Anatomica, but not in Terminologia Anatomica. It includes most of the structures usually considered "internal organs", but not all (for example, the heart is excluded.)
- Autonomics of the Head and Neck - Page 4 of 14 anatomy module at med.umich.edu
- "splanchnic - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary". Retrieved 2009-11-26.
- Dale et al (1985) Physiology of the Splanchnic Circulation. Arch Intern Med. http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/145/7/1278
- Rosse C, Mejino JL, Modayur BR, Jakobovits R, Hinshaw KP, Brinkley JF (1998). "Motivation and organizational principles for anatomical knowledge representation: the digital anatomist symbolic knowledge base". J Am Med Inform Assoc 5 (1): 17–40. PMC 61273. PMID 9452983.
|This anatomy article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|