|Headquarters||Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Andy Meikle, Arron Shepherd|
|Employees||42 (June 2014)|
|Slogan(s)||The Sports Social Network|
|Users||1 million (June 2014)|
Sportlobster is a social networking website that launched in 2013. The website is available online and on the two major mobile operating systems, iOS and Android. The company was started by Andy Meikle and Arron Shepherd and is currently based in London. The company received £1 million in funding from Wychwood Capital Partners in September 2013. In April 2014, Sportlobster gained £2.2 million in investments for the implementation of video games on the website. In April 2014 the company had 37 employees, and as of September 2014 it has 57. The company is backed by sporting celebrities Michael Owen, Mark Webber and Cristiano Ronaldo.
As of November 2013, 32 sports could be followed using the website. Upon registration users receive a personal profile page where they can post blogs, photographs, predictions and videos. Profiles may be personalised by changing the cover photo and the profile image that displays across the website and app.
- Sportlobster, the website that spans arenas. The National.
- Musa Okwonga: Bringing Together Sport and Social Media: A Chat With the Founders of Sportlobster. Huffington Post.
- Financial fillip for Sportlobster. The Herald.
- Back of the net: sports website wins funds. The Sunday Times. (subscription required)
- Sportlobster: The social media business being backed by Michael Owen and Mark Webber and Kermit the Frog
- Michael Owen and Mark Webber invest in new social network for sport enthusiasts. Techworld.
- Ronaldo fronts Media Agency Group’s Sportlobster campaign - Prolific North
- Burn-Callander, Rebecca (8 November 2013). "Footballer Michael Owen invests in Sportlobster". The Telegraph.
- Sportlobster raises new cash to expand its social media pitch - Inside World Football
- Website of the day: Sport Lobster - Pocket-lint
- Chelsea flop ‘disappointed’ – why? - HITC Sport
- Sportlobster | CrunchBase