Sport management is a field of education concerning the business aspects of [[sports] and recreation]. Some examples of sport managers include the front office system in professional sports, college sports managers, recreational sport managers, sports marketing, event management, facility management, sports economics, sport finance, and sports information. Many colleges and universities offer bachelors and masters degrees in sport management.
This certain profession is slowly increasing in popularity, yet is predicted to not be able to fill positions due to the explosion in supply. Entry level persons with a degree in sports management can expect an hourly wage due to the higher level of interest and fewer available jobs.
- Saint Leo University Sport Business Degree
- NYU MS in Sport Business
- Georgetown University MPS in Sports Industry Management 
- "Online Schools Offering Sports Management Degrees". Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Tollison, Robert (2008). "Sportometrics". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN 978-0865976658. OCLC 237794267.
- International Academy of Sports Science and Technology (AISTS)
- International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM)
- North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM)
- Degrees In Sports (DIS)
- Sports Association Management (SAM)
|This sports-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|