|Birth name||Ryan Michael Peters|
|Also known as||Spizzy Spose, Peter Sparker|
July 1, 1985 |
Portland, Maine, United States
|Origin||Wells, Maine, United States|
|Occupations||Rapper, songwriter, waiter|
|Years active||2004 - present|
|Labels||Frothy Four Records
Universal Republic (2010 - 2012)
|Associated acts||Cam Groves, F-4|
Spose was born as Ryan Michael Peters on July 1, 1985 in Portland, Maine. Spose grew up in the small town of Wells, Maine (Pop. 9,400 in 2000) where he (and fellow label mate Matt Sampson a.k.a. Dr. Astronaut) started a rock band called "The Frothy Four". It wasn't until 8th grade when Spose developed an interest in hip hop music. Although Spose began rhyming while he was in eighth grade with friend and rapper/label mate Cam Groves, he did not pursue rapping as a career until after he graduated from Wells High School in 2004. In 2007, he self-released his first album, Preposterously Dank.
In January 2010, Spose's single, "I'm Awesome" (from the We Smoked It All mixtape, a collaboration between Spose and Cam Groves), received airplay on Maine radio stations. In February 2010, after the song caught on in other parts of the United States, Spose signed a record deal with Universal Republic Records and announced that he would begin working on a music video. In March 2010, the video was filmed in Wells at the town-owned activity center where Spose had had his first concert at the age of 14. The video was released on April 14, 2010. "I'm Awesome" peaked at #37 on the Billboard Hot 100.
On October 25, 2010, Spose announced through a series of Facebook posts (which were linked to Twitter) that he felt that We Smoked It All Vol. 2 had too many original songs to be considered a mixtape. Partially because of this, he decided to create a "project" titled Happy Medium with many original songs that were originally supposed to be on We Smoked It All Vol. 2, in addition to other material. He also said that new songs from Happy Medium would be released at 4:20 PM Eastern Time every Wednesday up until the release of "Happy Medium."
On December 17, 2010, Spose released the entirety of Happy Medium for streaming on his Facebook page. The physical album was released in Bull Moose music stores in late December 2010, and has been released on iTunes in January 2011.
On January 31, Spose announced on Facebook that he would release The Peter Sparker Mixtape in the Spring of 2011, before The Audacity! or We Smoked It All Vol.2. However, on March 14, he posted that We Smoked It All Vol.2 would be released on April 20, 2011, before either The Peter Sparker Mixtape or The Audacity!, contradicting his earlier post.
We Smoked It All Vol. 2 was released on April 20, 2011 at midnight.
Spose released the music video for his single "Pop Song" on February 22, 2012 and announced that The Audacity! will be released on April 17, 2012.
Spose's third album The Audacity!, was released on April 16, 2012 on iTunes.
On October 24th 2012, Spose started a fundraiser on kickstarter to raise $25,000 to help further fund his rapping career. Once funded, Spose will release Dankonia for free in 2013.
The Peter Sparker Mixtape was released as a free download On June 10th 2013. A Deluxe physical copy can be found at bullmoose.com
Dankonia, a mixtape entirely over Outkast instrumentals (with other connections to Outkast, such as the album title, named after Stankonia, which also shares the same release date as Dankonia) will be released for free on October 31, 2013. A physical copy was released in limited numbers on bullmoose.com on November 5th, and the Almost Complete Lyrics Book will be released on November 29th, also on the BullMoose website.
- Studio albums
- Compilation albums
- The Yard Sale (2012)
- We Smoked It All (2009) (with Cam Groves)
- We Smoked It All Vol. 2 (2011) (with Cam Groves)
- The Peter Sparker Mixtape (2013)
- Dankonia (2013)
- Live albums
- Spose Unplugged (2013)
|US||US Pop Songs||US R&B|
|2010||"I'm Awesome"||37||36||—||US: Gold||We Smoked It All|
|2010||"We Hate Money"||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or have yet to chart.|
- "Spose - Preposterously Dank Interview". MySpace. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- Pfeifle, Sam (3 March 2010). "The most famous rapper from Wells signs with Universal". Portland Phoenix.
- Bodnar, Steve (18 March 2010). "Wells rapper lands record deal". York County Coast Star.
- Bouchard, Stephanie (3 March 2010). "Local rapper gets major label record deal". Portland Press Herald.
- CD Review: Spose and Cam Groves — “We Smoked It All Mixtape” – The Maine Campus
- Bodnar, Steve (25 March 2010). "Rapper Spose comes home to make 'Awesome' video in Wells". York County Coast Star.
- YouTube - Spose - I'm Awesome (official video)
- "Rapper Spose Talks Unemployment". 92.3 NOW. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- They mostly were. However, there were a few execptions that were posted the next day, at a later time, or not posted at all.Niet compatibele browser | Facebook
- Niet compatibele browser | Facebook
- Niet compatibele browser | Facebook
- "Gold & Platinum - Search Results: Spose". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- Sposemusic - official former website
- Spose - official MySpace page
- Spose - official VEVO on YouTube
- Live performance and interview on WCSH-6 (Maine NBC affiliate)
- Spose's Website - official current website