|Pierre le Tanneur, CEO|
|Products||Colour Catcher, Keep it White, Vim, Ballerina, Vigour, Eparcyl, Punch, Dylon|
Number of employees
|Slogan||"Home care made simple"|
Spotless Group SAS is a pan-European manufacturer of insect control and laundry products, based in Paris, France. Spotless Group has subsidiary operations in 8 European states, employing over 400 people in Ireland, Sweden, Hungary, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands.
Spotless Group was established by AXA Private Equity (renamed Ardian in 2013) in 2005, upon AXAs acquisition of French homecare company Eau Ecarlate. The incumbent CEO of Eau Ecarlate, Pierre le Tanneur, assumed the presidency of Spotless.
In 2006, the second year of its existence, Spotless Group acquired Bologna-based homecare company Guaber and Irish shoe-care manufacturer Punch Industries. The group made further acquisitions in 2007, of sewerage disposal company Eparcyl and the Unilever brand Ballerina. In 2008, the company purchased Dylon International, the UK's leading dye producer, from the Mayborn Group. Spotless Group owns a total of 18 brands as of 2008.
Spotless Group has subsidiaries in 8 European Countries:
- Guaber, Italy
- Spotless Hungary, Hungary
- Punch Industries, Ireland
- Eau Ecarlate, France
- Spotless UK, United Kingdom
- Spotless Benelux, Netherlands
- Spotless Iberia, Spain
- Boston Scandinavia, Sweden
Spotless Group owns the brand Colour Catcher, which is the market leader in washing machine colour protection. Other prominent Spotless Group brands include:
- Dum Dum
- Lord Sheraton furniture polish range (manufactured in San Marino).
Notes and references
- Anne-Sylvaine Chassany (23 September 2008). "Axa Said to Be Seeking Sale of Spotless Group for $1 Billion". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- http://www.spotlessgroup.eu/#management Spotless.eu - Management - retrieved: July 1, 2009
- http://www.spotlessgroup.eu/#history Spotlessgroup.eu - History - retrieved: July 1, 2009
- Businessweek staff (N/A). "Eparcyl S.A.". businessweek.com. Retrieved 16 February 2010. Check date values in:
- "Snapshot 2008". Spotlessgroup.eu. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- Espana, Zaida (17 February 2010). "RLPC-BC Partners buys majority stake in Spotless Group". Reuters.com. Retrieved 17 February 2010.