||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
||This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (November 2007)|
|Founded||Leipzig, Germany (2001, as Spreadshirt)|
|Headquarters||Gießerstr. 27, Leipzig, Germany|
|Key people||Phillip Rooke, CEO
Lukasz Gadowski, Founder
Matthias Spieß, Co-Founder
Rezzo Schlauch, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
|Employees||>250 (October 1, 2011)|
Spreadshirt is an internet company offering an online platform for private individuals and commercial organizations to design, buy and sell creative and personalized apparel.
In 2001, Spreadshirt was founded in Leipzig (Germany) by Lukasz Gadowski and Matthias Spieß without the use of external capital. Michael Peterson, another executive director, joined Spreadshirt in 2004. In August 2007, Jana Eggers became CEO replacing Gadowski who is now Spreadshirt's President. In 2011, Phillip Rooke became CEO, replacing Jana Eggers.
While maintaining its headquarters in Leipzig, Spreadshirt has opened up European branch offices in Berlin, Germany; Paris, France; the city of Utrecht in the Netherlands. It has expanded to the United States with major locations in both the Pittsburgh suburb of Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Boston, Massachusetts.
Company brands 
Spreadshirt manages several brands, including the main Spreadshirt brand, the T-shirt design competition site laFraise, which it acquired in 2006 from Patrice Cassard, and the professional textile print service DDS Deutsche Druckservice.
Facts and figures 
- 300,000 internet users - from private individuals, companies, organizations, sports teams to bands and artists - have become Spreadshirt shop partners
- Each week, 30,000 new designs are submitted to the Spreadshirt platform
- Online-Star 2006 Entrepreneur of the Year: Lukasz Gadowski
- Europe's 500 2006
- Red Herring 100 Europe Award 2006
- Founder Champion 2005
- German Founders Prize 2005
- HP Business Innovation Award 2004
- Future Sax 2002
See also 
- Spreadshirt's Gadowski Passes CEO Baton to Eggers
- Spreadshirt Appoints Phillip Rooke CEO
- Cassard, Patrice (2007-07-19). "Ma retraite à 35 ans!" (in (French)). laFraise. Archived from the original on 2007-09-02. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- Online-Star 2006: Pressemitteilung
- Red Herring 100 Awards
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|