Spring Garden Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
|Spring Garden Township|
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||38.09 sq mi (98.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.71 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Water||1.38 sq mi (3.6 km2) 3.62%|
|Elevation||486 ft (148 m)|
|• Density||90.1/sq mi (34.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62810, 62816, 62836, 62846, 62864|
|GNIS feature ID||0429787|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.09 square miles (98.7 km2), of which 36.71 square miles (95.1 km2) (or 96.38%) is land and 1.38 square miles (3.6 km2) (or 3.62%) is water. The township is centered at 38°10'N 88°53'W (38.174,-88.877). It is traversed north-south by Interstate Route 57 and State Route 37.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Dodds Township (north)
- Pendleton Township (northeast)
- Moore's Prairie Township (east)
- Northern Township, Franklin County (southeast)
- Ewing Township, Franklin County (south)
- Barren Township, Franklin County (southwest)
- Elk Prairie Township (west)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Carroll, Fitzgerrell, Hope, Kirk, Knowles, Round Knob and Smith.
- Holiness Camp
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Spring Garden Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.