Spring Valley Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Spring Valley Township, Ohio|
|• Total||35.1 sq mi (91.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.0 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||741 ft (226 m)|
|• Density||71.0/sq mi (27.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086173|
Spring Valley Township is one of twelve townships of Greene County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,489 people in the township, 1,979 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Beavercreek Township - north
- Xenia Township - northeast
- Caesarscreek Township - east
- Sugarcreek Township - southeast
- Chester Township, Clinton County - southwest
- Wayne Township, Warren County - west
The village of Spring Valley is located in central Spring Valley Township.
Name and history
It is the only Spring Valley Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greene County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- DeLorme. (2004). Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer, p. 65. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- Greene County, Ohio Statistics. Greene County. Accessed 2007-06-01.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.