Springfield Lakes, Queensland
Spring Lake, 2014
|Location||29 km (18 mi) south-west of Brisbane CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
|State electorate(s)||Electoral district of Bundamba|
Springfield Lakes is a suburb in the City of Ipswich, approximately 29 kilometres (18 mi) south-west of Brisbane CBD, the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland. At the 2011 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 10,149.
Springfield Lakes forms part of a 2,850 hectare site being Australia’s largest master planned community. For comparison purposes this is more than half the size of Cairns. The suburb was specifically located to reduce growth along the Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor in South East Queensland.
The suburb is serviced by bus route 522 which links Goodna station with Springfield Central station. Apart from bus services, the suburb also has access to rail services with the northern part of Springfield Lakes being serviced by Springfield station while the southern part of the suburb is serviced by Springfield Central station across from Orion Springfield Central shopping centre.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Springfield Lakes (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Residential". Springfield Land Corporation. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Lend Lease | Springfield Lakes | Community Vision
- Route 522 | TransLink
- Springfield Station | TransLink
- Springfield Central Station | TransLink
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Springfield Lakes, Queensland.|
- Springfield Lakes
- Springfield Lakes - Community
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Springfield Lakes
|This Ipswich, Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|