Springfield Township, Hamilton County, Ohio
|Springfield Township, Hamilton County, Ohio|
Many residential subdivisions are located within Springfield Township
Location in Hamilton County and the state of Ohio.
|• Township Administrator||Michael T. Hinnenkamp|
|• Assistant Administrator||Christopher Gilbert|
|• Trustee President||Joseph Honorlaw|
|• Trustee Vice President||Gwen McFarlin|
|• Trustee||Mark Berning|
|• Total||16.6 sq mi (43.1 km2)|
|• Land||16.4 sq mi (42.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||715 ft (218 m)|
|• Density||2,200/sq mi (840/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086230|
Located in the northern part of the county, it has the following borders:
- Fairfield - north, north of Forest Park
- Forest Park - north, between Fairfield and Green Hills, west of Springdale
- Greenhills - north, south of Forest Park
- Springdale - northeast, between Forest Park and Glendale
- Glendale - northeast, between Springdale and Woodlawn
- Woodlawn - east, between Glendale and Wyoming
- Wyoming - southeast, between Woodlawn and Cincinnati
- Cincinnati - south
- North College Hill - southwest, south of Mount Healthy
- Mount Healthy - southwest, north of North College Hill
- Colerain Township - west
Most of Springfield Township today consists of the center of what was originally the township, although many small "islands" exist elsewhere due to annexations. The following municipalities exist in what was once part of Springfield Township:
The following census-designated places are in the township:
- Finneytown, in the south
- New Burlington, in the west
- Pleasant Hills, in the south center, north of Finneytown
- Pleasant Run Farm, in the northwest
- Skyline Acres, in the southwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The trustees elected in the year after the Presidential election are Tom Bryan and Joe Honerlaw. The trustee elected in the year before the Presidential election is Gwen McFarlin. Dan Berning is the fiscal officer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Springfield township, Hamilton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.