Springfield Township, Mahoning County, Ohio
|Springfield Township, Mahoning County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Mahoning County
|• Total||34.9 sq mi (90.4 km2)|
|• Land||33.4 sq mi (86.6 km2)|
|• Water||1.5 sq mi (3.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|• Density||200/sq mi (77.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086571|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county along the Pennsylvania border, it borders the following townships:
- Poland Township - north
- Mahoning Township, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania - northeast corner
- North Beaver Township, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania - east
- Little Beaver Township, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania - southeast
- Unity Township, Columbiana County - south
- Fairfield Township, Columbiana County - southwest corner
- Beaver Township - west
- Boardman Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Springfield township, Mahoning County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Mack, Horace (1879). History of Columbiana County, Ohio: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers. Unigraphic. p. 311.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.