Springfield Township, Williams County, Ohio
|Springfield Township, Williams County, Ohio|
Location of Springfield Township in Williams County
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||719 ft (219 m)|
|• Density||89.0/sq mi (34.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087176|
Springfield Township is one of the twelve townships of Williams County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,958 people in the township, 841 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Brady Township - north
- German Township, Fulton County - northeast
- Ridgeville Township, Henry County - east
- Adams Township, Defiance County - southeast corner
- Tiffin Township, Defiance County - south
- Washington Township, Defiance County - southwest corner
- Pulaski Township - west
- Jefferson Township - northwest corner
The most easterly part of the county, Springfield Township is the only county township with a border on any part of Henry County.
The village of Stryker is located in northern Springfield Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Williams County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.