Spy Rock (Mason County, Texas)
|Elevation||1,749 ft (533 m)|
|Location||Mason County, Texas,
As with Enchanted Rock, Spy Rock is formed of middle Precambrian ( ) material. The base of the peak can be reached by the public, but the dome itself is on private property and accessible only with property owner's permission. Federal and state statutes, regulations and rules governing trespassing, archeological sites and historic sites apply. The state Game Warden as a commissioned peace officer is authorized to inspect natural resources and take necessary action for the preservation of the resources.
- Rhoades, Alice J. "Fredonia, Texas". Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- Walker, Nicholas, Middle Proterozoic geologic evolution of Llano uplift, Texas: Evidence from U-Pb zircon geochronometry, Geological Society of America Bulletin 1992;104;494–504
- "Spy Rock USGS Spy Rock Quad, Texas, Topographic Map". Trails.com. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Texas Granite". Texas Highways. July 1998.
- "Federal-State statutes, regulations, rules". Texas Historical Commission. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Game Warden". Texas Parks and Wildlife. Retrieved 6 January 2012.