|Genre(s)||Beat 'em up|
|Distribution||Wii Optical Disc|
Spyborgs sees players controlling a member of a team of cyborg secret agents, each with their own unique abilities, through several levels populated by enemies. The game is designed to be played co-operatively with two players, though the AI will take control of the other character in single player games. Players can also gain experience points to upgrade their character's abilities.
For each level, players can choose two out of the three Spyborgs, which include:
- Clandestine, formerly known as Kuno Ichi, a quick and nimble female ninja
- Bouncer, a lumbering but powerful robot
- Stinger, a soldier with a cybernetic gun arm.
Played using the Wii Remote, motion controls initiate special attacks while the two characters can team up their attacks for additional damage. Alternatively, players can also choose to play with the buttons on the Wii Remote instead.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2012)|
Initially announced in early 2008 at Capcom's Captivate event, Spyborgs underwent a major redesign after a lukewarm reception from the gaming press. Changes include a shift from bright cartoony graphics reminiscent of Saturday morning cartoon shows, to a grittier and more realistic visual look, as well as the removal of minigames which served as parodies of children's toy commercials. The current game also shifted focus from an action-oriented game with superpower-based puzzle elements to a brawler.
|This section requires expansion. (November 2012)|
Spyborgs has achieved mixed reviews among critics. IGN awarded the game a 7.5 out of 10, praised the game for its high quality graphics and large amount of polish. Despite this, IGN criticised the title for its punishing difficulty and lack of innovation. Eurogamer issued a nominal rating of 5 out of 10, criticising the game for being generic.
- "Spyborgs Release Date Moved Forward". Gaming Union. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- Purchese, Robert. "Spyborgs given September date". EuroGamer. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- McInnes, Shaun (2009-06-04). "Spyborgs E3 2009 Hands-On Impressions". GameSpot. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- "Spyborgs Exclusive Character Profile - Stinger" Kidzworld.com. Retrieved on 2009-09-04.
- McWhertor, Michael (2008-06-03). "Capcom Announces Spyborgs For Wii". Kotaku. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- Nelson, Randy (2008-08-05). "Capcom: Spyborgs undergoing 'significant overhaul'". Joystiq. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- Hatfield, Daemon (2008-06-03). "IGN: Spyborgs Preview". IGN. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- Mitchell, Richard (2009-04-28). "Capcom's Spyborgs resurfaces, fresh video and screens". Joystiq. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- Crecente,, Brian (2009-04-29). "Spyborgs Preview: Why Waggle". Kotaku. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- Casamassina, Matt. "Spyborgs Review on IGN". Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- Reed, Kristan. "Spyborgs Review on Eurogamer". Retrieved 2009-09-24.