Screenshot of Spyder on Windows
|Developer(s)||Spyder developer community|
|Stable release||2.3.2 / December 3, 2014|
|Platform||Qt, Windows, Linux, Mac OS|
|Type||Integrated development environment|
Spyder (formerly Pydee) is an open source cross-platform IDE for scientific programming in the Python language. Spyder integrates NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib and IPython, as well as other open source software.
In comparison with other IDEs for scientific development Spyder has a unique set of features - cross-platform, open-source, written in Python and available under non-copyleft license.[dubious ] Spyder is extensible with plugins, includes support for interactive tools for data inspection and embeds Python-specific code quality assurance and introspection instruments, such as Pyflakes, Pylint and Rope. It is available cross-platform through Anaconda, on Windows with WinPython and Python(x,y), on Mac OS through MacPorts, and on major Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse, Gentoo or ArchLinux.
- editor with syntax highlighting and introspection for code completion
- support for multiple Python consoles (including IPython)
- the ability to explore and edit variables from a GUI
Spyder's website provides a full list of features, with screenshots.
- "Migrating from MATLAB to Python | Greener Engineering". et.byu.edu. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Spyder review - Techworld.com". review.techworld.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "SpyderPlugins - spyderlib - Plugin development - Spyder is the Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment - Google Project Hosting". code.google.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Pylint extension — Spyder 2.2 documentation". packages.python.org. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Reviews for spyder". apps.ubuntu.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Seznámení s Python IDE Spyder | Fedora.cz". fedora.cz. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Features - spyderlib - Tremendous features - Spyder is the Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment - Google Project Hosting". code.google.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.