|Developer(s)||Apache Software Foundation|
|Stable release||1.4.4 / July 31, 2013|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Sqoop is a command-line interface application for transferring data between relational databases and Hadoop. It supports incremental loads of a single table or a free form SQL query as well as saved jobs which can be run multiple times to import updates made to a database since the last import. Imports can also be used to populate tables in Hive or HBase. Exports can be used to put data from Hadoop into a relational database. Sqoop became a top-level Apache project in March 2012.
- "Hadoop: Apache Sqoop". Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.
- "Apache Sqoop - Overview". Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.
- "Apache Sqoop Graduates from Incubator". Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.
- "Microsoft SQL Server Connector for Apache Hadoop". Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.
- "Couchbase Hadoop Connector". Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.