Squantum Point Park
|Squantum Point Park|
|Metropolitan Park System of Greater Boston|
Squantum Point Park in 2008
|Area||25 acres (10 ha)|
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website: Squantum Point Park|
Squantum Point Park is a park located on the Squantum peninsula of Quincy, Massachusetts, at the site of the former Squantum Naval Air Station. All that remains of the former air station is part of a runway which runs for 2,700 feet. The park is associated with the development of the Neponset River Reservation.
Activities and amenities
The park provides views of the Boston skyline and opportunities for bird watching and fishing along the shoreline as well as paths for running and in-line skating.
- "Squantum Point Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved September 7, 2013.
- "Neponset River Reservation". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved September 7, 2013.
- Squantum Point Park Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- NAS Squantum, Massachusetts
- Naval Air Station Squantum (historical) USGS Boston South Quad, Massachusetts, Topographic Map
- River Bank Destruction, Squantum Point , Neponset River