Square Dance (film)
|Produced by||Daniel Petrie
|Written by||Alan Hines|
|Music by||Bruce Broughton|
|Distributed by||Island Pictures|
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2015)|
Gemma Dillard (Winona Ryder) is a 13-year-old country girl who lives with her Grandpa Dillard (Jason Robards). Gemma is visited by her mother with an offer to come stay with her in the city. Her mother is now married and can provide for her.
Gemma accepts and soon finds herself in a new environment. She becomes acquainted with a man with an intellectual disability, 21-year-old Rory Torrance (Rob Lowe). They play together, hang out together, and imagine that they're married.
The story focuses on a series of bitter-sweet experiences that eventually return Gemma to the country.
- Winona Ryder as Gemma Dillard
- Jason Robards as Grandpa Dillard
- Jane Alexander as Juanelle
- Rob Lowe as Rory
- Guich Koock as Frank
- Deborah Richter as Gwen
One of the members of the Bayou Band as seen in the film was Trace Adkins who, in 1996, would have the first of more than 20 country hits.
- "Square Dance". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- MICHAEL WILMINGTON (2001-01-12). "Movie Review : 'Square Dance': A Well-rounded Film - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Square Dance :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "'Last Emperor' Garners Five Golden Globe Nominations - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1986-01-02. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- Square Dance at the Internet Movie Database
- Square Dance at AllMovie
- Square Dance at Rotten Tomatoes
- Square Dance at Box Office Mojo
|This 1980s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|