||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (December 2014)|
||This article has no lead section. (December 2014)|
|Traded as||DSE: DSE, CSE: CSE|
|Founders||Samson H. Chowdhury|
|Key people||Tapan ChowdhurySamson H. ChowdhuryAnjan Chowdhury|
|Products||vaccines, oral healthcare products, tablets, capsules, syrup, suspension, sterile eye drops, injectables, nasal sprays, creams, ointments, IV fluids, metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers, suppositories, lyophilized injectables, prefilled syringes etc.,argrovet & pesticide products,herbal & neutraceuticals products, over-the-counter medicines|
Corporate history of Square Pharma
The company was founded in 1958 by Samson H. Chowdhury along with three of his friends as a private firm. It went public in 1991 and is currently listed on the Dhaka Stock Exchange. Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd., the flagship company, is holding the strong leadership position in the pharmaceutical industry of Bangladesh since 1985 and it has been continuously in the 1st position among all national and multinational companies since 1985. Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is now on its way to becoming a high performance global player.
As per vision, mission and objectives; they are to emphasize on the quality of product, process and services leading to growth of the company imbibed with good governance.
Chronology since Inception
- 1958: Debut of Square Pharma as a Partnership Firm.
- 1964: Converted into a Private Limited Company.
- 1974: Technical Collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceutica, Belgium, a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson International, USA.
- 1982: Licensing Agreement signed with F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Switzerland.
- 1985: Achieved first position in the Pharmaceutical Market of Bangladesh among all national and multinational companies.
- 1987: Pioneer in pharmaceutical export from Bangladesh.
- 1991: Converted in to a Public Limited Company.
- 1994: Initial Public Offering of Square Pharmaceutical Shares.
- 1995: Chemical Division of Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. starts production of pharmaceutical bulk products (API).
- 1997: Won the National Export trophy for exporting pharmaceuticals.
- 1998: Agro-chemicals & Veterinary Products Division of Square Pharma starts its operation.
- 2001: US FDA/UK MCA standard new Pharmaceutical factory goes into operation built under the supervision of Bovis Lend Lease, UK.
- 2004: Signing of agreement with ROVIPHARM, Vietnam to manufacture and market Square products under license in Vietnam.
- 2004: Secured the top position for the best published accounts and report for 2003 in the manufacturing category for transparency and excellence in corporate reporting.
- 2005: New State-of- the-Art Square Cephlosporins Ltd. goes into operation; built under the supervision of TELSTAR S.A. of Spain as per US FDA/ UK MHRA requirements.
- 2007: Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Dhaka Unit gets the UK MHRA approval.
- 2008: New SVPO (Small Volume Parenteral and Ophthalmics) plant starts operation in Dhaka Unit.
- 2009: Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. won the Bangladesh Business Award.
- Dhaka Stock Exchange
- Feature company of Chittagong Stock Exchange (ID of SPL: 13002)
- Listed Company list of Chittagong Stock Exchange
- Square tops list of 10, Incepta second (by sales '09)
- Bangladesh's largest Pharma Companies (by slaes '08)
- Squire currently is the no.1 company in the industry and enjoys over 12% market share
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Square Pharmaceuticals.|