Squeaky Wheel Media
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015)|
|This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. (April 2015)|
|Industry||Web Strategy, Marketing, Design and Development|
|Anthony Del Monte
Number of employees
|Website||Squeaky Wheel Media Inc.|
Squeaky Wheel Media is an interactive digital advertising agency based in Chelsea, Manhattan. Squeaky Wheel Media is a minority/woman-owned agency that specializes in web design, web development, social media, and marketing services.
In 2001, Anthony Del Monte and his colleague, Mailet Lopez, founded Squeaky Wheel Media Inc.
Squeaky has produced various work for clients such as Revlon, Dior, The Hershey Company, Deloitte, Standard & Poor's, Lexus, Premium Outlets, MaxMara, Rodale Publishing, Movado, WellPet, New York Live Arts, Avion Tequila and WisdomTree Investments.
The digital agency also develops in-house projects such as a micro-site, "Love For The Cup", which was built during the 2010 FIFA World Cup, analyzed Twitter feeds and would determine a winner of a match-up based on how much they were tweeted about.
Squeaky Wheel Media developed a location-based iPhone application called Crowdbeacon which focuses on providing users with localized communication and information based on what they need and where they are.
In July 2011, Squeaky launched a social support network called I Had Cancer.
Squeaky Wheel Media has been recognized for its work and has received awards from The Pixel Awards, W3 Awards, The Davey Awards, Interactive Media Awards, WebAwards, and The Communicator Awards.
- "The AdBuzz features the Squeaky loft". The Ad Buzz. 15 May 2011.
- "2010 Web Award for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development". Web Awards. September 2010.
- "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Fun". Poder Magazine. 25 Jan 2011.
- "Squeaky Wheel Media: Love For the Cup". Inteloquent. 11 June 2010.
- "Social Q&A Goes Local With Crowdbeacon’s iPhone App". TechCrunch. 9 Feb 2011.
- "Pixel Awards Nominees and Winners". Pixel Awards. Jan 2011.
- "W3 Awards Winners List". W3 Awards. Oct 2010.
- "Davey Awards Winners". Davey Awards. Fall 2010.
- "Squeaky Wheel Media Award Gallery". Interactive Awards. 2008–2009.
- "Lexus wins 2010 Web Award for Outstanding Website". Web Awards. Sep 2010.
- "17th Annual Communicator Award of Excellence Winners". The Communicator Awards. June 2011.
- Edmund Lee (26 July 2010). "Small Agency of the Year, Best Culture: Squeaky Wheel". Advertising Age.
- "I Had Cancer Wins the Community Webby". Webby Awards. 21 May 2012.