|No. of offices||39 (April 2012)|
|No. of attorneys||Approx. 1,300 (April 2012)|
|Key people||James J. Maiwurm (Chair and Global CEO)|
|Revenue||$774.5 million (2012)|
|Profit per equity partner||$800,000 (2012)|
|Date founded||1890 (as Squire, Sanders & Dempsey)|
|Company type||Swiss Verein|
Squire Sanders (formerly Squire, Sanders & Dempsey) is an international legal practice with 37 offices in 18 countries. The firm was founded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1890, and subsequently absorbed a number of other legal practices including several Pacific Rim offices of Graham & James, the Florida-based law firm of Steel Hector & Davis, Hammonds in the United Kingdom, and the Perth, Australia office of Minter Ellison.
Squire Sanders is structured as a Swiss Verein in which legal and client services are provided by Squire Sanders (US) LLP, Squire Sanders (UK) LLP, Squire Sanders (AU) and a number of other subsidiary and affiliated entities. As of April 2013, its largest offices are (in descending order) London, Cleveland, Leeds, Birmingham, Columbus and Washington, DC. Of its approximately 1,300 lawyers, approximately 650 are in Europe and the Middle East, 540 are in the Americas and 115 are in the Asia-Pacific region.
Squire Sanders has offices in the following locations:
Notable people and alumni
- Mark Anchor Albert, litigator
- Francis Allegra, judge on the United States Court of Federal Claims
- J. Edward Day, former United States Postmaster General
- William Louis Day, former judge on the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ronald J. James, former Assistant Secretary of the Army
- W. John Kenney, former Undersecretary of the Navy
- David Aldrich Nelson, former judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Stephen T. Owens, litigator
- Rob Portman, former Director of the Office of Management and Budget and current US Senator from Ohio
- Louis Stokes, United States House of Representatives
- Squire Sanders (2011). Squire Sanders partners approve Western Australia combination. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Seah, Jessica (2 July 2013). "Minter Ellison Partner Joins Squire Sanders in Darwin". The Asian Lawyer. Retrieved 18 July 2013.