||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2013)|
5 February 1998 |
Kozhikode, Kerala, India
Sreelakshmi Suresh (born 1998) is a web designer from Kozhikode, Kerala, India. She is mainly known for her work designing websites in India which gained her some media coverage as early as 2006.
According to her father, Suresh Menon (lawyer, Calicut Bar Council), and mother, Viju Suresh, she started using computers and designing at the age of 4. Sreelakshmi Suresh attends Presentation High Secondary School and designed her school's website, which was inaugurated by Binoy Viswam, Forest Minister, Govt.of Kerala, on January 15, 2007. Her own startup, eDesign launched in 2009.
Sreelakshmi Suresh is honoured by the Ministry of Women and Child Welfare, Republic of India by conferring her the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement 2008. The award was presented to her by Sonia Gandhi in a function held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 5 January 2009. Suresh is the only under-age member of the Association of American Webmasters and was inducted by AAW CEO Donna Snyder. She has received over 27 national and international awards, which are mostly web awards and other recognitions for her work. She has been profiled in several publications for her awards and companies, TinyLogo and eDesign. The launches of some of her website have been covered by the regular media.
- Resmi Jaimon (2009-02-24). "Hindu - Young world". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- Ramesh Babu (19 January 2007). "Kerala girl spins webs, virtually". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Designing success on the Net". Chennai, India: The Hindu. December 29, 2006. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- "World's youngest Web designer". Asia One. July 24, 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "The Hindu : Kerala / Kochi News : Bar Council to launch web site". The Hindu. June 18, 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "The Hindu : Kerala / Kozhikode News : The ‘little queen’ of web design". The Hindu. December 7, 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2013.