Sreerampur-Uttarpara (community development block)
শ্রীরামপুর-উত্তরপাড়া সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||44.80 km2 (17.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,800/km2 (7,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sreerampur, Uttarapara|
Sreerampur-Uttarpara (community development block) is an administrative division in Srirampore subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Sreerampur, Uttarpara, Dankuni and Rishra police stations servs this block. Headquarters of this block is at Sreerampur. Raghunathpur, Dakshin Rajyadharpur, Bamunari, Rishra,Nabagram Colony and Kanaipur are urban areas in this block.
Nabagram, a constituent panchayat of Sreerampur-Uttarpara block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Sreerampur-Uttarpara block had a total population of 126,337, out of which 65,277 were males and 61,060 were females. Sreerampur-Uttarpara block registered a population growth of -3.26 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Sreerampur-Uttarpara block had a total literacy of 68.09 per cent. While male literacy was 83.84 per cent, female literacy was 69.91 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Jangipara". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.